Monday, 1 February 2016

John terry to leave Chelsea at the end of season after refusing his contract renewal

The 35-year-old central defender has spent his entire career at Chelsea and last May won the premier league title for the fourth time.
Terry was informed prior to last week's win over Arsenal
He said: "I was in last week before the Arsenal game and it [my contract] is not going to be extended.

"My agent made the call like we do every January. He got told over the phone and I called to set up a meeting the following day.
"I wanted to hear it face to face. They told me. Unfortunately it's not going to be.
"I feel as though I'm in great nick, I'm playing great and I've got a couple of years to go. It'll just be elsewhere."
Chelsea have endured a season of struggle, with jose Mourinho leaving for the second time in December, and now their talismanic skipper will be moving on.
He is yet to decide where, except outside of England, and big-money offers are likely to come in from Major League Soccer and the Chinese Super League.
There is one small glimmer of a playing future for Terry at Chelsea, if Mourinho's permanent successor deems his services are required.
Terry added: "Ideally I would have loved to stay, but the club's moving in a different direction.
"I needed to know now like I have done every January and sometimes it takes a couple of months to get done. Unfortunately, it was a no.
"They said that when the new manager comes in, things might change. It's a no at the minute. It took me a couple of days to get over."

No comments:

Post a Comment